Thursday, November 15, 2012

3975. PHILADELPHIA

PHILADELPHIA
I have walked about six miles now :
Penns Landing to Old City to Chinatown 
and then to Rittenhouse Square. It's been 
a pleasant afternoon thus far  -  and I am
now festooned with happiness and coffee 
and food. All that can be good, seems so
to be. Shall I sit then? Let's see.
-
Outside my view, the purview of an artist
of words and of color, I note the grand
composition of this ever-blooming world.
Those people, passing by, in their mighty
fields of color and style. The ponderous
and stately weight of the buildings behind
them : were I to paint or sing of this scene,
the pleasure would be all mine for sure.
-
My hands are magical things as well:
as they touch and manipulate this world 
around me, they  -  in consort with my eyes
and mind  -  create another world of still
another kind. Pleasure and lightness and
all joy and all good. I shall go now,
get up and leave, and  -  yes, yes -
preach to the masses once more.

No comments: