Wednesday, November 7, 2012

3957. MAGIC TEXTILE HANDS

MAGIC TEXTILE HANDS
My meditation on the periwinkle and chickadee has
now passed away, and I remember nothing at all. Time
seems to pass so fast. When I was young, a young man
that is, everything seemed to take forever. Now, it's all
gone in a blink. I see so many things in a reverse
sort of blur. Trying to reach back, pulling things forward,
my hands grip for anything at all. The magic of time
is a carpet never tacked into place. Look out, I ask
you  -  see that old barn window now broken and
covered with a plastic that has torn in the wind  -
it too was once new; cows and sheep and a herdsman,
all sorts of things there. These days, it's more of a
ruin than even a shelter; a relic, a shrine to that which
has gone. My old Fordson tractor, tires flat, sinks into
a mud that first comes and then goes. The tractor,
alas, stays put. We are  -  all things  -  as old as
the hills. My very wistful manager tries singing
for me  -  the voice is as coarse as a saw.

No comments: