Friday, November 23, 2012

3990. BIBLE HOUSING PHASE

BIBLE HOUSING PHASE
I've always thought I'd remember
everything I've forgotten : gone like
some chaff blown free in a heady wind  -
and too bad too, because the times were
great and the rhymes bore treading.
-
It's said that both Shakespeare and Lincoln
knew biblical cadence. I think not  -  and in
either case a force of bombast runs the day.
In Shakespeare's case, more worthy; in
Lincoln's, thrown away. What more can
a man want in this disparity? The deadly
display, the logic in words,  is only
useful as they subjugate others.
-
Mankind shrivels things by thinking :
the oarsman on his river, skipping
through rapids - he thinks - by the
heaviness of his oar. No, instead,
just stop and listen. It is the river's
roar that keeps him afloat.
-
I grow tired and weary of others,
and tired and weary of myself.
All the same, this sky and this
Earth and this land all together,
all the same they are, together.

No comments: