Tuesday, September 11, 2012

3884. MORAL RECTITUDE AND THE RITES OF MANFRED MOORE

RECTITUDE AND THE 
RITES OF 
MANFRED MOORE
Yes, of course, it's a well-established fact, people really
can read thoughts but just choose not to. It's much easier.
'I didn't know that, was unaware all the time. 
What do you think I am, a mind-reader?'
-
Unlike that person, I knew all the time. He'd made it
clear to me in oh so many ways. I carried the blood
for him by merely listening; and our contest ran - 'which
of us us more crazy than the other?' Evidently he
meant it all. I didn't. He was more crazy than me?
-
I still remain : I like to talk funny to people, say odd
things, and more than once. Contain their curiosity by
going on. That's my test-tube of madness in my little
leftover chemistry lab of words and idle threats.
Watch out now! So...there, maybe it's all
the same. Maybe I'm just as crazy as
him, for staying. The lethal cocktail of
a rifle in my mouth; not for me at all.

No comments: