Monday, September 24, 2012

3898. USED TO BE


USED TO BE  
I am thinking of that girl with the amazing eyes, and the 
 wire which leads to my mind and heart. I am thinking of  
something now so old it is new again. Here I sit, shorn  
and shackled, remembering the life I think I've already lived.  
It's been said you can't go home again. Forget the 'again';  
you can't go home. This changing of the clocks and changing  
of the guards, and all that Halloween drivel soon to be, all 
of this is a sickness for which there is no remedy. I want
to run away. I want to be gone  -   I want to Tom Sawyer
my way to dissolution like that run-down carcass they
found on the boat. It may be my father, as Huck found
out, but it's of no consequence to me. I am thinking
only of her again, and all those things that used to be.






No comments: