Wednesday, June 2, 2010

927. MONEY MATTERS

MONEY MATTERS
The Gedze and the Orshards,
the Cubullais and the Wyants,
they are all, by decree, rich styles
of pottery. My spare change collects
them. Museum pieces, with a shed
in which to store them. Glass showcases
indoors, with thick, lustrous carpets
where inquisitive people walk. No
matter what we ever do, we are
mere shadows of our former selves,
and each moment makes us less.
-
I have a Butler, named Tendon, who
takes care of these matters : my museum
attendant, me helper, my go-fer, my star.
His daughter too, Carolina, I support;
giving them both housing and food.
It is, all in all, a wonderful arrangement
full around - they are secure, I am secure,
and - mostly - problems are never found.
-
Look at the sun going down over my
western pond. Isn't it a lovely sight?

No comments: