Friday, June 4, 2010

933. IMPERIAL MEANDER (false bottom blues)

IMPERIAL MEANDER
'De King, He don't know nothin'!
And about nothin' that is too!'
Porphyry in Akron Hart Crane
dirigible Life Savers candy heart
matter. I swell to follow your
punching bag - only once
my bulging heart.
-
Here are my notes for your reaction:
I was born not once but twice.
The first time was Bayonne, NJ.
I was born beneath the Bayonne Bridge.
I had no mother and no father neither -
and only once the bridal heap took
something off the top to make me.
Make me wince - come-shot sperm
dribble overflow jism rumble rhythm.
Two gangsta' hoodlums crazy in lust.
If you can't find your mother, than
who do you trust?
-
Second time around I was a'risen from
the dead - a second-tier mulatto bent
and twisted. They uttered last rites
over my head - and extreme unction
was my function. But I showed them.
Excommunicated. Nicely Expurgated.
Some new soul just risen from the dead.
-
'De King, He know nothin'!
'Bout nothin' neither!'

No comments: