Saturday, June 26, 2010

957. CONSTRUCTION

CONSTRUCTION
('delight is a candle')
The tireless work of the construction
is done. The roadways are finished, the bridges
are in place. Now if they only had somewhere to go.
There are cows with fewer paths than this; meandering
over hill and dale, river to post, marsh and swamp
and back again. Now, if only I could juggle this fast.
-
I watch the land beneath my feet.
It ripples and rolls, shading this way
and that. Between us, we smile - the
entire world is seen this way, beneath
our feet, yet sovereign and sure.
I have nothing more to say.
This dog is, certainly,
set in his doghouse.
-
Delight is a candle - not to
a blind man, one who cannot see
at all, but for for someone as myself -
with blurring eyes in a hazy
half-light wherein the
candle really does
help.

No comments: