Saturday, June 12, 2010

943. MR. MONTPELIER

MR. MONTPELIER
Yes, yes, I've hanged the change-man
and changed the hangman. I've
put a new morality in place. Making
something from nothing has never been
as easy as this : looking beyond my shoulder,
and over the next hill, seeing what's coming
before it's due to come. I bow to no one, yet
the bowing's done. Now look at that!
The ring is on the other man's
hand again.
-
'Entering Marmaora, we were first all
puzzled by the size of things - either
over-ample or too small for humans.
Nothing in between. It was certainly a
strange place; and the noises we heard
were all repetitive and annoying.'
That's what I read exactly on the
old explorer's guest card.
-
Nothing is ever tuned to the
frequency you'd think.
As I saw it, (and so I
told him), the dumbest
ones get the loudest voices,
and vice-versa too.

No comments: