Sunday, October 12, 2008

40. EUGENICS

EUGENICS
The guy said 'I got a hankering for 'Chun King',
which I took to mean he was hungry for Chinese food -
to which he said 'yes'. 'That's so simply American' I replied
back to his mouth 'it's the kind of thing my parents used to say.'
I wasn't giving a compliment, but he was too dumb to know.
'You see' I went on 'first-off, that stuff's not even 'Chinese'
really, it's more like crap-in-a-can claiming to be what it's not -
so why would you want that here, in the middle of New York City?
There's good Chinese grub around.' I was trying to sound cool,
maybe even aloof - not wishing to offend him or show him up.
He could'a broke me in two if I pissed him off. Can't just call
someone stupid, or an ass, sometimes - even if they are.
But - he'd been living like a bum for years now, so little
of it mattered to him. 'If it fills my stomach good, I'll call
it whatever I want.' Hmmm, yes, well okay to that.
Seems sometimes like there's one born every minute.
Idiot fractures of time, twisted manifestations of genes
gone wrong or wasted - people with just nowhere to go.
Funny how they manage to linger on - just staying put in
place with all their tired rank deficiencies.
Oh well...can't advance the race if we can't kill
a bunch first. I think that was called 'Eugenics',
back a long time ago.

No comments: