Tuesday, October 7, 2008

28. TOO COLD TO MAKE AN EFFECT

TOO COLD TO MAKE AN EFFECT
'Maybe it's just too cold to make an effect' I heard
her say - it sounded scientific. I was watching the
leaves move on the trees. The upcoming vision of
Autumn, like a votive light in my eyes, stretched
out before me. Wondering what to do, I moved
away instead of closer. Delineate the positive;
stretch the possibilities. Something.
There seemed a positive force in all things - but
wrapped everywhere in silence. The lady feeding
the squirrels, as she does every morning. The two
guys stopped at the top of the stairs, earnestly
talking to each other about possibilities and
challenge. It was a funny world - something I knew
long ago. The way options meander into rigidity.
The way a florist sells nothing but flowers.

No comments: