Wednesday, December 30, 2020

13,312. MAN GOES BY MANY NAMES

MAN GOES BY MANY NAMES 
The wife just today said, 'I have to
do more wash. I can't live like a
caveman.' I stumbled to laugh, and
said, 'Oh, sure you can'. Then I took
my club down from the wall. On the
nail I keep it hanging from. There
was no one else around, and she
looked scared enough.
-
Of course, nothing happened and I
made that up, but it set me thinking.
Chores like that, washing and drying,
Steering little matters all along the
way. Why, why, why, don't things
just leave us be?
-
Out in the distant yard, I decided
to walk through the woods. Years
ago someone had cut some trees,
and a few old stumps are still there.
Cherry-wood, that he had 'sold' for
timber; the previous owner here.
-
What a mess. Selling trees as if
you owned them, for the crass
implementation of a few passing
bucks. That's not a deer joke, mind
you, but maybe it could be.

No comments: