Monday, March 21, 2016

7949. WHY DOES NO ONE LINGER ANY LONGER?

WHY DOES NO ONE 
LINGER ANY LONGER?
I've been waiting for this a long time.
It seemed to take forever, the people
came, the people left, the rope line
sagged and we went through three 
bouncers for really no reason at all.
A snail and a passive dog could have
watched this gate. There used to be a
sandwich truck at the corner, the kind
the workmen use, but even that stopped
coming here. Man, how humiliating is
that? And what do you say to others 
when they snidely ask, 'Well, where's
the fucking crowd?' It's not like I could
even answer, 'It's so busy no one comes
here any more,' or some other tortured
Yogi Berra-type witless wit. If there
was ever any meaning to all this bullshit
club-life, I would have seen it by now.
It's just, no one comes here any more.
I'm closing up this joint, I've had enough.
It's not like the nitwit players have now
turned to genius, or the pencils here
become encyclopedias, it's really that
I just gotta' run. I've had enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed this thank you for sharing