Saturday, March 5, 2016

7884. DON'T COMPLICATE THINGS

DON'T COMPLICATE THINGS
Too late to get started, the scratch of the
fire hits the flint of the air. Everything
once simple has degenerated into a new
form of complication. Even the garage
door takes ample time to think first now,
before sliding open. 
-
Here is where the lama sat. He was a holy
man for sure, but he left a stain on the seat.
Why's that? I wonder, and what was in his
tea? These are all thoughts I have, with some
regularity, about celebrities. Not you or me.
-
So, any time the doorbell rings it could 
be anyone at all. And I've never had a 
doorbell before, in all my life. I just realized 
that. But it must stay simple : oh man I 
remember how I hated those rich, pretentious 
types, the ones with the multi-toned doorbells 
that took about ten seconds to run through their
tune. Or the ones that played a song.  I was gone
 before I was there, and that wasn't long.

No comments: