Sunday, January 23, 2011

2098. ABSTRACT 22 : HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN?

ABSTRACT 22 :
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN?
How can we light the gargoyle, how can we fire up the flames?
And the mad monk shall rile the crowd, throwing those flames
right back, shouting with joy the scenes of his manger and the
heavenly fire of crack-addled nuns and angels from high.
Every building made from blocks shall disassemble itself
in play, and the joy from the highlands will take root in the
swamps - all those clouds scudding away.
-
I am low in self-esteem and sick as well with grief.
There is really nothing I can hold, as the sands of
time have slipped from me, and the only course left
to take is learning and labor. My personal Revolution?
It left the town on Saturday, bearing scars from a
little skirmish. The stagecoach went limping away
- one wheel already in the gutter and the other
already crooked and loose. I want for nothing.
I cooked the goose. How long can you stay?
The postman's in the attic. He is reading
stories of starlings and the pentangles
of rhyme that Ovid left behind.

No comments: