Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2102(a). I HYMN THE PALAVER

I HYMN THE PALAVER
Left my jacket in the furnace where the cold was
finally overtaken by flames, as was the jacket. Now
is not never, nor ever was. Flames and smoke, take
all things away. I went to the Sermon on the Mount
on purpose, to be sure of what I heard. The crowd,
unblemished by any success at all, stayed in place
and listened well. Well enough, anyway. We walked
around, just to see. Was that marmalade I saw those
few kids eating on stony loves of bread?
-
Never underestimate understanding, or what the
vast herd hears. They get it all wrong anyway,
after so many years. Someone just today said to
me: 'Air Power could have won the Civil War, if
only the South was wise.' I laughed it off, thinking
it was nothing to what the kid eating the jelly-bread
at the Sermon said: 'Is this a film by Cecil B. DeMille?'

No comments: