Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2093. IN A NEW REALM OF TIME

IN A NEW REALM OF TIME
Wheedle me the sinecure if you can. I will
sit here waiting, as I once more read 'The
Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge.'
-
I have broken this book into 60 separate
sections by my pen - titleing and naming
each so I can more easily find what I
wish to review. Death, lace, girls, women,
finery, lancers, song, ghosts, Avignon, Paris,
family, wealth, tapestries...and all the rest.
It just goes on, perhaps a bit too 'sensitive'
and feeling for my own taste, but magical
nonetheless, in its own way.
-
I do not like, really, the manner in which
the eye is seen seeing, the piner to pine
forevermore without his satisfaction
ever be secured. It's almost sad and
psychotic, the way it runs on and about.
And then to end, first with all the Avignon
material and then - at conculsion - the
Prodigal Son seen through drooping eyes
and a very sad hand, a very sad hand indeed.

No comments: