Monday, January 17, 2011

2091. AUTOMATIC INFILTRATION

AUTOMATIC INFILTRATION
Only once your automatic infiltration took my heart
by storm. I broke my arms trying to get them around
you; like love letters of steam to water, everything had
changed in an instant. Clear had turned to fog.
The enemy of lust, I'd found, was love.
-
If I had a million more chances to change the world,
I'd still pick the one that involved you. Moving the
very equator itself would be no more difficult than
breaking this bond. Outside, as I write, people
are looking up to realize time, and the dark, and
the limitless sky - or so they think. But, alas,
everything ends, everything. Do you understand
that automatic infiltration which took my heart?
-
Pain is like the fire that consumes the good -
forests and worlds within, pygmies and rainforest
creatures, all of them, running hard to escape the
flames. Yet, they do overtake us, those flames,
eventually. It is all we can do to keep running, let
alone outrun, the flames - as impossible as all that is.
Your automatic infiltration took my heart.

No comments: