Sunday, May 23, 2010

913. AS LONG AS I COULD DO ANYONE, I'D DO YOU

AS LONG AS I COULD DO
ANYONE, I'D DO YOU

(Central Park)
The skyline was bleeding and I was
doing nothing but sitting here reading
a book. What a useless soul! All along
the dismal swamp, beavers and otters were
thinking together : what shall we do
when this city is gone?
-
The fat, rich ladies with their whoresome
daughters - the beautiful ones, the shy ones,
the smart ones - they were just sitting there
to await the tea and the scones, any of those
myriad desserts come flinging. I caught
one girl's eye, and showed her my tongue.
-
What do you do with money? Simply
throw it back in someone's face? Or try
to find finery of velvet and lace? The
line outside the Museum was growing.
Sickening people, standing up to
see the past. I knew things were
dwindling, but not this fast.

No comments: