Tuesday, February 15, 2022

14,145. I THINK IT'S THE CRAZIEST THING

I THINK IT'S THE 
CRAZIEST THING
How we live on this planet, seemingly,
to talk and to talk alone. Jabbering
on inconsequentially, as if it all did
matter. When it doesn't at all. Your
opinion of that new packaging is 
very nice, yes. I'm glad that brand
new play is to your liking; the plot
makes sense, you say? Hooray!
-
There's got to be more of a 
semblance to another reality here. 
First and foremost, it gets pretty 
boring, I'd say - Yes, sometimes: 
racehorses and football guys, 
pretty much the very same thing, 
going around and around again
to beat their line or place their
finish, in some memorable way.
-
I lift mine eyes from the dreck
my stumbling heart lives in, and
wish I were someplace else indeed.

No comments: