Tuesday, February 15, 2022

14,144. FANTASTIC MOVES

FANTASTIC MOVES
This fire moves like venom.
Among the weeds of story
and rhyme, the flash of the 
flames astounds. I remember
the Iranian girl who used to
get my name wrong. 'Gady'
was all it ever sounded like to
me. I'd sit and think: 'Maybe
she's right; after all, I don't 
actually 'own' the name. It's
just another word to designate 
something vague? And anyway,
who knows what I'd be called
if I was somewhere else.'
-
I've read about those method
actors who's take a role and
take a name, and live it to the
hilt. DeNiro driving a cab to
get the ropes for Taxi Driver.
Down just pat? Then who is
who, and after all what's that?
-
Pacino grabbing ass on his
co-star of the moment, and
Brando, acting rude and surly:
All for the part, and the part
alone. So, I ask  -  what then's
in a name?
-
There's some silly science for 
everything that is; whether it's
acting or stage and charting 'stars'
as the celestial things are called
as well. I actually do think they
came first. Funny figures of an
ancient fame, all outlined in a
passing sky? So what's a name,
and who am I?

No comments: