Tuesday, February 23, 2021

13,445. THE DIGITAL LIVES OF MY CHARITIES

THE DIGITAL LIVES 
OF MY CHARITIES
No one ever said I was humble, but I
am of the moment. I'll admit to that. 
Like a flat tire at a wheel-rim party. 
A dinosaur in the house of the lambs. 
Everybody wants something, it always 
seems; and man's a taking creature?
Or is it man's a giving thing?
-
Nothing great any more about Britain?
Well, maybe, but so what? What's great
now about anything? Ferocity? Villainy?
Virility? Animus and Anima, why not?
A trio of wonder-women is coming to
shake my tree! The digital lives of
my charities!
-
The land of dreams is both melancholic
and surreal. I should send ten dollars?
I should buy a meal? For any bum who
calls me twice, a pint-full of rum would
do them nice; but I already gave at the
office on my digital charity line.

No comments: