Saturday, October 15, 2016

8744. BOATS AND WORDS

BOATS AND WORDS
Right now we are rushing to the
boat with a flagrant dedication, 
wanting to lose nothing, let alone
time. These tides are treacherous
things, changing before you know,
catching you unawares, too spiked
in a maritime labor to remember
to beware. So, above all else, be
mindful of what you do, and when.
-
I have always hated rejection, but
oh, I've had my share. Nameless
reactions and shameless retractions;
things not said, I swear! They come 
back like a ton of bricks to haunt,
if bricks could ever haunt and not
just hurt. Two punches to the head
for the price of one. Be alert!
-
Every boat I've ever seen leaves
traces on its hull of where it's been:
that sea of coral, which scratches.
That seaweed muck, that turns to
slime;the sandbar, which rips
open the bottom of where
you are standing.

No comments: