Saturday, June 18, 2016

8309. BIGGER THINGS WILL COME YOUR WAY

BIGGER THINGS WILL 
COME YOUR WAY
How many passages does this 
mountain have? Where the
rounding canyons meet the
rolling trail? I can't even see
the sky from here. This looks
down but I don't know how.
-
When I left Fenestre Springs,
when I left Almagar Meadow,
when I left Arabian Glen, they
were all just places on a map
which had come to life and to
which I had been. Now this.
-
I am lost without a compass 
and sick without a meal. There's
nothing left in this sack of wheat
but ashes. No meat, and hardly
any water but what I find. It could
be more difficult, this travel, 
but only if I were blind. I'd
do someone's bidding, if
there was only someone 
around.
-
Is this how bounty hunters feel?
Is this the feel of the hired hand?
Is this the feel of the bounty hunter,
hired to find the land? Surely,
bigger things will come my way.

No comments: