Thursday, June 9, 2016

8259. SUPPLE RADIANCE

SUPPLE RADIANCE
Down by Wall Street, I was
supping with Don. The people
walking by kept looking over.
'They must think you're some
secular saint, like the guy who 
invented Cheerios, or something.'
I wasn't keen on that, but I let it
go. These were people from Kansas
and Indiana, the kind that take 
four days to drive here and then
stay five, to drive home again.
faster. A number of them had
little kids  -  South Street Seaport
junk hanging from all their ears 
and noses. A real bunch of factoids,
they were. I wanted to ask about
harlequins and wizards, I wanted
to see their Moms, I wanted to be
near something warm. But the
whole world was invented for diet
and death  -  and there was nothing
to be done about that, at all. Some 
supple radiance of understanding
rules the universe. You just need
to know where to look to find it.

No comments: