Friday, June 10, 2016

8261. IT'S LIKE THAT

IT'S LIKE THAT
I've just walked into a blinding storm
in which  things are flying everywhere.
Nothing seems safe anymore and this
world is a glamorous fusion of 
misconnected things. What a 
simple world this is!
-
Now it's all come down to nothing :
the cop on the corner with the whistle
he never uses, the lady walking sideways
to her car, all the while fumbling for
keys. Everyone engaged in something.
-
This used to be an old, gray building;
now it's covered in mirror glass that does
absolutely nothing for me : I see the rest
of the sky reflected, and a few blinking
birds who will die from smacking their
heads in flight.  Sad, more, sad, again.
-
I am a lizard like a child with nothing to
do but despise my elders. I want more
of everything, always, but have already
had way too much. Not forlorn, just mad.

No comments: