Friday, August 30, 2013

4591. MY CARNIVAL EYES, ONCE REMOVED FROM SEEING

MY CARNIVAL EYES, ONCE REMOVED FROM SEEING
I've journeyed to the far and wide and - having
now come out the other side - know what
it is that I can tell you : there is no fire like
the original flame, which I've held, still burning,
in my hand; light has no source but the Light
itself; we walk in canyons through the dreams
we make; all life revolves around itself, back
into its own perfect circ
le; every shadow
follows its trace.
-
Here, the enamaled box on the polished shelf
seems prideful of itself - made by Chinese hands,
cradled by a few, kept clean and filled for years
with gems, it reflects those distant hands and
lands that I'll never come to know. I pass like
starlight through things moving : no, no, instead -

not things, just the idea of things, and no
things but the things themselves.

No comments: