Wednesday, August 7, 2013

4558. YOU MAY OR MAY NOT

YOU MAY OR MAY NOT
...know of this, be aware of things, have experienced
my form of experimental fiction. I am yours at the
source, but then I disappear as the waters spread away.
I travel high and I travel low, over and around things,
making fissures of my wounded ways and traveling
harsh over soft spots and hard alike. I care little for
the butter, should it so be, on my bread. Please, now,
you will take that as fact, for I love the foretelling.
-
My phrenologist friend, a one Walter Whitman, we
break our eggs together; we fly in the face of the
ointment, we moan in the old fields together like
two crazy cows braying. He brings his carnival
airs and his silly straw hats to each service or
church we pass by  -  happen upon  -  stop in.
-
Yes, it's like that : two troupers on the lam, two
criminals minding their p's and q's, stripping their
corners and taping their edges so only where the
new paint is all the best of things shall shine.
All the best of things shall shine.

No comments: