Friday, August 9, 2013

4566. AND HIM THE MOUNTAIN

AND HIM AND THE MOUNTAIN
By not wishing to be undone I am undone
and all the circumstances of Lethe and
Lysistrata can't help. Leaving it all again,
I will hide these stolen sheaves behind a shelf
where no one reads. It's all so simple, really.
-
Born beneath a fullest moon drooping, with
carrion and wolves both on the run  -  nothing
looking back and drooling  -  I awoke with a start 
and my first words were 'Leave it all again!'
-
('They're killers, just like us.'
'We aren't killers,' I say back).
-
Some man told me my Doppelganger was calling;
it was on the line. I told him I don't ever use the phone,
and he shrugged, saying simply, 'You know that scene,
I think the final one,  in that motorcycle movie, when
the bikers get shot, killed, riding along the road -  all
the gracious music playing, and all the rest  -  by
redneck chickenshit haunch-faced honchos, dickless
mavens of ineptitude? You know that one? You seen it?'
-
I had to say no, 'cause it was the truth. He said, 'Oh never
mind, it doesn't matter anyway. This reminds me of that,
with the phone call you won't take and all the rest. You
know they could only do that scene one, no second takes?
You know why? Because they really shot those guys, they
only got one chance. They were killers, just like us.'
-
'We aren't killers,' I again said back,
'and anyway, that's not true.'

No comments: