Monday, November 28, 2011

3334. DO NOTHING 'TIL YOU HEAR FROM ME'

DO NOTHING 'TIL 
YOU HEAR FROM ME
('her voice lutes brokenly like a heart lost')
Whilemena!  Inanities!   Gershwin!
Ruling Dead Triumverate Magnificent!
(and here comes Billie Holiday!).
-
Now to look around: over there, over there,
that's Eugenides scratching away - yellow pad
and papers and flipper over scarf. (Yet it's
not enough to find that tantalizing touch!).
-
And here's the scoop: the white line moves
and tingles. There seems to be soup in
every window, as American as ladeling
pies from the old farmer-lady's porch.
(Oh the backyard is brackish).
-
'I thought I could do something to ease
the contradiction between immanent and
universal ethics which I thought was my
problem and was what I hoped to gain
thru therapy like any evolution presupposes
an involution and all tha kind of thinking.'
-
(Whilemena! Why am I reading Kerouac again)!

No comments: