Thursday, October 21, 2010

1147. SPURIOUS & FURIOUS

SPURIOUS & FURIOUS
What will you do for me, Mr. McMosty?
The genuflection we never see, the rip in the sky,
the poise that makes a skater shy?
I can never be what you are now, but at
least I can sit down and alter the place
I sit; finding better places for that.
I open to you now both of my hands,
yet you will see they are full of ink -
ink and paint, the mainstays of my
existence. Yours, on the other hand,
a spurious form of money made vague
by speed and froth. You say so much of
nothing, I blanch at the cantilevered fabric
of your fulsome cloak. You anger me, you do.
But that fact makes no difference.
Together, we are a team from Hell, both
reading different signals from the
selfsame signal giver.

1 comment:

Magnolia said...

favorite line: the "cantilevered fabric" one..