Saturday, October 23, 2010

1149. DEAR UNCLE NEFARIOUS

DEAR UNCLE NEFARIOUS
(before I hit the ground)
I am writing to say this to you :
I want to take my own life. Very
slowly, mind you, but take it
nonetheless. I want to go double-time
slow on the breaths I take, taking
only one in the space where two are
usually needed. Will this then redden
my face? I wonder. I want to drink my
poison by the drop, in droppers I think
I can get from Joey's chemistry set. I think.
If I poke my skin with a sharp knife-point,
just a poke, day by day, will it eventually
add up to a jab? What can you tell me?
Perhaps, as I am changing a tire, let's say,
can I get the car to only slowly crush me?
Can I outlast the hurt? Why no, of course not,
if I could outlast the hurt I wouldn't be
planning to do all this. Asking these stupid
questions. If I jump off a bridge or building,
remember too, I only want to come down
ever so slowly, floating this way and that
like a feather, for a very long time,
before I hit the ground.

No comments: