Saturday, March 27, 2010

816. DALKEY ARCHIVE BLUES

DALKEY ARCHIVE BLUES
Dolly was an elephant, electrocuted before
the crowd. Fildo was a clown; accidently
strangled when he was hung by a rope
at the end of his act, and the act
went bad. Lucius was a fire eater,
whose insides burst. Maggio was
the girl who swallowed swords until
one went right through her and came
out her....bottom.
-
These things are all real and
you can look them up. The
dog whose coat was coated with
tar and stopped it from breathing,
the two horses who fell from the
tightrope walkers' platform and died.
Did I say tightrope walkers?
Don't get me started - they fall
and get mangled, they break in
two, their legs end up
around their heads.

1 comment:

gary j. introne said...

Please read on. I love my readers and am glad to have such. I only wish I could correspond to you more directly (and find out who you are, the '??' doesn't do it.

Gary Introne
njabate@aol.com