Sunday, March 7, 2010

777. FROM THINGS ABOUT TO DISAPPEAR I TURN AWAY IN TIME

FROM THINGS ABOUT TO
DISAPPEAR I TURN
AWAY IN TIME
(samuel beckett)
To watch them out of sight, no, I
can't do it. The preponderance of
evidence is that (yes!) we live. Marking
puddles behind us, we pile all shit and
debris wherever we may. It wouldn't
matter, in the long run, where : corridors
of the Capitol, being used to such things,
would readily accept such garbage. Yet,
onward we pivot - delighting fanciful crowds,
spilling insensate millions, dumping pails of
grease upon our open sea. The paradox
remains : things appear while disappearing.
The highway is a headache cutting through
verdant green pastures.
-
My God, I've been there once. The soil
was rich and brown, the air was filled
with air, the mind with mind everywhere.
-
The man, with his face staring down,
was trailing a shadow all the way
to the gallows. Things everywhere
are so bleak, it stayed long after
he himself was gone.

No comments: