Wednesday, March 10, 2010

784. THE PROSELYTIZERS

THE PROSELYTIZERS
(the pros)
Well here's one I'll tell you I really don't
like - the way they push into your face with
their lousy words - words of the committed,
the ones who know it all, who won't take
any other advice except their own decrees.
Handing out pamphlets with the most
simple lessons. Mottos and catch-phrases
a third-grader could grasp. I don't
even want to listen, so leave me alone.
-
'Jesus died on a cross'.
But wasn't he dead already,
when the first words were written
about Him? Isn't that what you're
always bragging about? The Line of
David and all that? He really had no
choice, so what of it? If He had to be
what He'd been meant to be, in essence,
He was dead already, from the very start.
'No choice, no voice', I say.
-
I'll sit down right next to you, just
to see what happens. You grab at the crowd
like a suicidal fish lunging at hooks. If I didn't
know it already, I'd ask what makes you crazy.
Certainly not your attention to detail - on
that count you're actually pretty lazy.

No comments: