Tuesday, February 24, 2009

242. THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE DO

THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE DO...
(man on a train)
This is what people do now :
'I am on emotional high at the
moment. I do not want it to end.'
Thus said, the blinding light of electronics
took her away (that girl, over there, at
the screen alone). All the streams - as
I look out this window this morning -
are once again frozen over. That white
car is still in the ditch. It's over a year
now I've seen it in place. She stares still
intently at the image she sees - her other
hand, at rest, on some electronic attachment.
In the background, I notice almost no noise.
The cold morning makes the world a frozen
place - even this late in Winter it still seems
novel and fresh. What if it stayed like this
forever? Would things be any different?

No comments: