Saturday, February 7, 2009

218 THREE BLIND MICE

THREE BLIND MICE
It was a long time ago, in a very small closet,
that I first beheld the glory of the world's
old story - and just like that too, I found
that this closet, in effect, opened into another world.
Its back wall simply held another door - invisible
to most and imaginary to some, but real to me, and
enough to open for me to a grand and different place.
I gladly walked right through and, pretty much, have
never stopped since then forging right ahead. For every
step forward I took, it made sure to take pains to cover
my trail with an equal step in 'their' direction - so it
was all illusion by those means given to thwart others
off my trail. Apparently I was 'doing' what I had to for them -
all those routines we know - the 'go to school/mind the rules'
and all the rest - while at the same time heading out grandly
in the direction I'd chosen. Lending a wonderful asperity to
an audacious game, I learned to manage my means.
Three blind mice, dancing with their canes, on a stage
known only to them - on a stage known only to them.

No comments: