Monday, January 12, 2009

169. TO BE ALIVE

TO BE ALIVE
(and to remain so)
There are, certainly, some magnificent moments :
as the night sky breaks, with yesterday's fat moon still in it;
the clover that never ends; the bee which endlessly seeks.
I may have witnessed my share already, but I'll stay in
place, for now, waiting - as the sunlight traces new the
orange sky and ripples of brightened gray clouds erupt in
light. Chances are I'll manage to remain; in no way
alleviated by right nor changed by wrong.
It is a simple semblance I stumble towards -
my place is here, in these earthen chords.
-
As a Summer's light bending its face to the
rippling stream, a frog entranced by its waiting,
or a turtle, on a log, absorbed by the sun, so too
do I my obsequies pay. This river can relieve me.
A genuflection on the forested floor -
a heart, within, pounding for more.

No comments: