Monday, August 23, 2021

13,780. SLOPPY WAYS AND SLOPPY DAYS

SLOPPY WAYS AND SLOPPY DAYS
It's a handsome outlook, this reverie:
It keeps me bringing home the bacon
like some machine-shop worker in
old New York. Four doors looking
out to the idle street; which one
should a person use?
-
I am always a stranger to glitter and
light  -  talking well enough, I can
get past the guards, but the ladies
always give me the evil eye. Need
I wonder why?
-
Art galleries and their seekers of
heat? Famous, almost, names going
shoulder to shoulder while they only
pretend to meet: Futures are allied
always with pasts, which means, I
think, there's never any escaping.
-
Which of those should I train for?
It makes no difference in the end, 
for the mine has no gold if  the vein
is just ore  -  while the taxis line up
I can seek the rapport between those
lining up for drinks, or seeking one
of those doors, while the lady one
over is telling her friend 'Art 
receptions are always held
on Thursday nights. Right?'


No comments: