Saturday, July 20, 2013

4530. ON THE OCCASION OF THE ARRIVAL OF MR. TITAN

ON THE OCCASION OF THE
ARRIVAL OF MR. TITAN
Well boys, the cacaphony starts, the drums are rolling,
the trumpets blare. That guy's funny horse rears up
again and nearly throws him into the drink. See that
tree over there? That's where they hung Nathan Hale.
We've got a narrow bottom on the trunk of that bolster,
and it's holding up nothing as important as food. Bed
down now, for the night is comin
g, and Gen. Washington,
I hear, is due to come through soon. I want to be there
for moment of all that. In the dark woods, alongside the
Indians' camp, they say there is a spiritual void. I do not
think so - I find it, instead, a furious night, a cloud of
all these dark and revolutionary dreams we're now stuck
with. I wonder, will any of this ever come true?

No comments: