Friday, July 19, 2013

4529. PAYING MY MONSTROUS DEBT, IN DUE TIME

PAYING MY MONSTROUS
DEBT, IN DUE TIME
The warbler knows the steadiness, while the three-armed
drummer is keeping time. I am watching the girls pass
by, listening to nothing so much as the rhythm of  -  what
did Paul Simon call it  -  the 'rhythm of the saints'? Holy
Hell what that all amounts to now is nothing I recognize
at all. In looking out, there, there is the Leonardo horizon,
(NJ, not the painter), and it's a massive armaments depot
filling ships uploading with guns and ammunition and
missiles and launchers. Does anyone know this? I can see
it all clear as day  - right of Rt. 35, turn left for the Leonardo
boat basin, and just look at the frigging horizon. Not 2 miles
out, at most, there they be : huge ships, holding at dock,
military re-fitters, stocking up on lethal guns and death.
they take it all back out to sea and, sailing the globe,
replenish the ships out there waiting. As for myself, no,
I can't any longer take this largess. I want to coat this
evil world in my own sort of venom  -  some with fury,
not this listless and lazy reverie. Boys and girls of the
world! Let us take to the ramparts and battlements
ourselves! It is our lives they are killing!

No comments: