Monday, July 8, 2013

4515. MAGNANIMOUS GESTURE

MAGNANIMOUS GESTURE
They often abound, these things,
at once  -  the kestrel diving. The
old, sinking boats in the sickening,
hot harbor, (where, once, yes, I
puked behind the changing-house
shed). To be derived from so many
other things, this beautiful life develops.
-
The very best course of things that
I've ever done was in silence : Quito,
Ecuador, where I read, mutely, for
one whole year, the diary of your sister -
yes, your sister's diary  -  each new entry,
day by day. And I counted, you not
knowing  -  365 times she and I made
love. Once a day for that entire year.
-
All while I was reading her diary; so
preoccupied was I. Hot with hands and
ringlets percolating downward; all those
drippy liquids and frothy gels. Sisters can be
an adventure. But, let us move, that was then.
-
For now, I am in a stinking Panamanian jail,
at least until the Americans come. I've called
them, two times. They said that they'd arrive.
Get me out of this mess. 'Could be worse,' they
say, 'could be worse. You could be on your way
instead to Cuernavaca, Just imagine that.'
-
To be derived from so many other things,
this beautiful life develops.

No comments: