Monday, January 30, 2012

3426. ALL THE WONDERS OF YEKATERINBERG

ALL THE WONDERS OF
YEKATERINBERG
Mechanics. Welders. Operators of
the most heavy machinery. We have
come together to visit the Urals, and
I say hello. From one thousand miles
away, is Moscow watching? I will train
my whistle on elixir and magic, those
two, trained dancing-bears we all delight
in. Watch the dance and the jump. Learn.
-
Let us mingle the new tongue with the old.
You may speak of Revolution while others
will scold. In fact, so long distant now, the
others (all behind you) have entered the past.
All the forgotten members of Death, and all
its squads, are now gone. Sverdlovsk, I call
upon you not to run, in fact, Sverdlovsk polish
the gun  -  clean well the barrel and mark the
rounds, buff up the bullets and pick the one.
-
Beauty there is, in silver-singing rivers, high hills
and peaks, mountains of old and on-high. None of
this will go away, even as we may die. I dreamed
I saw Joe Hill last night, alive as you and me.
Now we too must fight and try, or die.

No comments: