Tuesday, January 3, 2012

3385. CHIMERA

CHIMERA
On the northland coastline, I saw the figment
of a girl. She was holding candles, and wearing a
long white dress. Shroud like, her fabric blew around
her, as if there was, really, nothing underneath. But
I'd known her for years, and had loved her as much as
once I loved myself  -  we were guests of each other,
it seemed. One day she disappeared, or just appeared to
up and vanish, taking all my heart along with her then  - 
it was a false memory, everyday, I related to. My visions
of her, unceasing, called constantly back to me. And now,
here she was again. I wanted to go, oh I wanted to run,
but the invisible divide between us now held me in check.
Like the cloth itself, that varied fabric of Time between us
had cut asunder what once was our world  -  she was a
spirit now, and I was but a measly, forlorn man, outwitted
and waiting, and outwitted once more  -  for nothing
in the end at all but a figment, a spirit, a chimera
of all I had ever once desired.

3 comments:

Öljynvaihto said...

Hi,
have you read the "Chimera" novel by Michael Faranoff?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006T8FSCM
That maybe the same creature :)

gary j. introne said...

Hello. No, I have not. But now I'm going to make a search and begin, to check it out. Interesting, the connection you make - I figured it was just as much metaphorical as metaphysical.

gary j. introne said...

Well, hello again. I did look it up. It's a brand new title, (Jan 3, 2010) and apparently available for $2.99 only electronically, in this case for Kindle, on Amazon. I don't do electronic book stuff. If it ever becomes paper-tangible, I'll give it a shot.