Monday, January 16, 2012

3407. FIND BUT A WAY TO KEEP ME GOING

FIND BUT A WAY
TO KEEP ME GOING
I have never really learned how to love, though
I'm pretty good at hate. I do love you though.
I'd have to say: 'without compunction, sunk to
my knees, down in the hollow, lost in the swamp
of my heart.' It seems like all that is true (enough).
-
Do you remember, that one time in the dark of night,
when we stumbled onto that carousel in darkness  - 
all closed, no lights, and all those happy horses
seeming frozen in their jump? I laughed for ten
minutes as you lifted up your dress to pee at the
horses' feet. Don't know why, to this day. But it
was ever so funny, and led to our great romp in
the summer grass. Girls still crouch? I guess.
-
My magazine slumber, my days against your arch,
my open hands for your love and magic, my open
eyes, oh, just to watch. So long ago and all so over
now. My love, I've grown so old, even my decibels
of sound are feeble. Help me, help me please.
Find but a way to keep me going.

No comments: