Sunday, July 10, 2011

3188. GOING FORWARD SLOWLY

GOING FORWARD SLOWLY
Moving along : gale-strip wind-blown cover.
This minor shed shakes in the wind. Watch
the pale force moving; see the heavy branches
and all their leafy throws shake wildly in the air.
-
I reset my watch to Denmark time.
That distant, northern feeling, some
faint demitasse of a Scandinavian powder,
nothing of the South at all. No European
pure-blend, this. Those old, Italian cafe
flowers wither, even as I hear your name.
-
It is no fault of another, this wiry skeleton
of emotion and heart. I knew it would come
to be - at that North Sea wharf where I saw
so many faces looking out, just looking for
what was to come. An old idea, King Emlet,
now Hamlet to you, this scribbling bard,
this never-ending torture of a seaside wall.

No comments: