Friday, July 1, 2011

3176. SOME PEOPLE

SOME PEOPLE
Some people dance, some people waltz,
some people scale fences and others take falls.
I want to be neither nor any of them. I'd rather
my force was spent building bridges to your heart,
scaling heights into your mind, rising the crest of
every cloud that floats its blinding way past you.
In Winter, yes, it may be, I too wait for snow -
scanning the dark gray skies for what is coming,
what has been announced, the wind, the flakes
and flurries first, and then the massive storm and
all the things that have been announced. Though
it doesn't always work, it gets me by. In Summer,
quite the other way, I hide from blinding sunlight
in the day and seek instead a respite in the shades and
the shadows of night. Things come on like bullets -
fast and piercing, cutting bone and limb , slicing hearts
in two, sundering what all was once together. And, yes,
it goes that way - even then the seeming fit still fits.

No comments: