Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1048. PLATO'S BIGHT CAVE

PLATO'S BRIGHT CAVE
My great cantilevered architecture has suddenly fallen,
taken a dive, tipped over, crumbled to the ground.
All that glass and molding; matter to be dusted
now for nothing else but clues. I heard the creak
and the groan, right before it fell. As they say
that dogs and birds can sense impending
disaster, so too I myself felt something
wrong right before the moment
came to be. A few bricks first
fell - things I'd thought
so solid before.
-
No remorse, no looking back, it's over.
Memory like a movie, some now
flickering light on a moving
image screen. The motion
is jumpy, like something
old; there are, I note,
huge blobs too
on the image.
-
Early movies within the mind?
Plato's cave again? All
that what we sense to be,
can it really be? I'm
sitting back, to
watch what
I see.

No comments: