Tuesday, August 3, 2010

1023. ROCK STONE DOG

ROCK STONE DOG
You can't find a promise in the
seeking. Surmise the instant, and
take it away - for you are but my
memory of things as they were and
I have no kindred souls any longer.
Just look how want has blistered the
ages! The common folk are grown
wanton and bestial. Their foolish
waters run now crooked and then dry.
They try their cloak of vengeance,
wearing it as it is too big and does not
fit - so they simply grow into it.
-
The stars are far ahead of thinking.
Selfsame finger-darters, men who nod,
and galaxies out spinning in the air,
or the non-air, of nothing at all. The
cosmic nod comes from the Heavens.
It is, however, deep within us where
these matters befall. We can't simply
look away and expect to go on.
-
The still objects are solid, and this new
morning light graces my eyes. I am
like a monk without judgment, fallow
and soft, watching all this life unfold.
Do not talk to me, I cannot hear you.
I am not from here. Rock stone dog
before me, this life is all depth and
depth's own perception : hedgerow,
tree, lamp, table, hedgerow again,
green glass, light, mortar, brick,
rock, stone, dog. Slate on old soil,
now painted in something new
from Heaven.

No comments: