Tuesday, August 3, 2010

1021. (I CAN'T ERASE THE MOMENT)

(I CAN'T ERASE THE MOMENT)
Reading the entrails while drinking
the blood - a true double-feature
like nothing ever seen before. This
campfire, I could tell, meant business.
The lady with her daughter (spare
carcass, I suppose) sat around laughing.
'Who could ever mix things up? Confuse
the one with the other? The living with
the dead? Oh, hardly a difference between
them.' In my own way, right then, I
had to find happiness eating the root.
-
'Power me from this day!' I took the
elevator down and it only took a
moment. All those people hunched
and bunched; the cackle, the chortle.
Telephones to ears and little screens
to hands. Whatever happened - I
wondered - to briefcases and bags?
But Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, 1938
was a long time ago.

No comments: